header
strongmanfitness
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nasanvil.com Forum Index -> Anvil of America's Strongest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dione
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: strongmanfitness Reply with quote

http://ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2012/Jan/ASC-Strongman_Fitness_to_Debut_at_2013_Arnold.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mike Johnston

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: STRONGMAN FITNESS!!!! Reply with quote

All,

I know there has been some discussion and I am surprised there aren't more or any questions here. The state chairs have asked a few questions and I believe has answered them. I will be on the RX Power Hour tomorrow night (Thursday January 12, 2012) to discuss STRONGMAN FITNESS. Dione and I will be making the announcement about the first event soon.

ASC, Dione and I, are very excited about the growing interest in STRONGMAN FITNESS from the international community. The first ever STRONGMAN FITNESS CHAMPIONSHIP in 2013 is going to be a historic event.

Listen to Ryan, Nathan and I as we chat about STRONGMAN FITNESS tomorrow night! If there are any questions, please feel free to post them here.

Peace!

MJ Twisted Evil

Last edited by Mike Johnston on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juggernaut13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Dione and Mike,
Thanks for organizing this! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it tonight on RX. I'll see you both at Nationals and the Arnold Very Happy

"Every time you stay out late, every time you sleep in, every time you miss a workout, you make it that much easier to get beat."
OzGirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Aust. Qualifiers Reply with quote

Hi Dione and Mike

interested to hear about how women from Aust. could go about qualifying - im actually keen to do 2 shows in the US this year - am i able to attempt to qualify via these?

cheers
Mike Johnston

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: International Athletes..... Reply with quote

Oz Girl,

Thank you for your question. In the next few days we will be making an announcement regarding the location of the Strongman Fitness Qualifiers (SFQ) for 2012. There will be at least one female and one male competitor that will earn a spot and go directly to the Arnold in 2013 from each of the SFQs in 2012. THE SFQs will be open to NAS and international competitors, however the NAS National Championship will be for American athletes only.

The process for international athletes is a s follows; if your country does not have an ASC recognized qualifying system you will be allowed to compete in the Open Strongman Fitness Qualifiers here in the United States. For insurance purposes the international athletes may be required to purchase an ASC membership, until such time that an international federation can be established. An ASC card will allow international competitors to compete in any and all of the SFQs. (This determination will be made in the next few weeks and is dependent on insurance riders.) American athletes will need to present a valid NAS card.

Once again in the next few days we will be announcing the locations of the SFQs. We thank you for your interest and continued support.

Regards,

MJ Twisted Evil
OzGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Mike

looking forward to hearing SFQ dates and locations as well as whether ASC card is required.

so no more international athletes at NAS national championships? or does that just relate to qualifying for the Arnold?
Mike Johnston

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OzGirl,

International athletes will not be able to qualify for the Arnold Strongman Fitness Championship through the NAS Nationals. We realize that not many countries have a clear system for women. So, we will provide a qualifying system through the SAQs for now.

I mentioned that there will be at least one female qualifying spot. If the numbers dictate we will increase that number. We may even separate the qualifying spots for international and American athletes. However, all of this is speculative, as it depends on the number of athletes in attendance. If 5 woman show up to compete, then there will be only one spot. If 25 show up and 10 are international then we will reconsider the qualifying numbers. The success of the Strongman Fitness class really depends on the athlete interest and support. ASC is providing the platform, the athletes have to make it happen!

As for the ASC card, since the international competitors are not qualifying through there own countries and since they will not be allowed to qualify through NAS, the ASC card gives the organization and the competitor protection.

Again, when we announce the contest locations, we will advise with regard to the ASC cards.

Regards,

MJ Twisted Evil
dione
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz Girl,
The interantional atheltes will not be able to qualify for the Arnold via NAS Nationals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
OzGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike and Dione Smile
Kalle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now that the qualifiers are posted how many qualify per show? Is it dependent on entries or TBD?
OzGirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been some talk about a womens nationals in australia however no announcement - just wondering whether australia has an ASC recognized qualifying system (or one planned for 2012) ?
Mike Johnston

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Answers Reply with quote

Kalle:

It really depends on the number of athletes that attend the shows. We will go on a percentage basis. For example, if there are 10 competitors then we will only take the top athlete. If there are 15 competitors with 8 americans and 7 international we will probably take the top American and the top international competitor. But, we would prefer to take no more then 10%. (That being said in 50 American 175ers show up in Orlando, we would likely take the top three to the Arnold.)

We would like to have 20 very competitive athletes for the Arnold, that is to say 10 men and 10 women. But, the international community throws a wrench in it because we don't know what the response will be this year. Those numbers could be 20 Americans and 20 international. Time will tell.

(I can tell you what won't happen...we won't take two athletes to the Arnold from a show that has 9 athletes total where three of the 9 are amateurs!)

You may rest assured that the ASC system will be fair and balanced so that the best athletes are recognized based on achievement.

OZ GIRL,

Dione is in contact with organizers and promoters from all over the world. If the system is fair and balanced it is possible. It will be up to that promoter to contact ASC and apply for sanctioning.

Best of luck to all competitors and I hope to see an overwhelming number of Strongman Fitness athletes in Orlando!

MJ Twisted Evil
dione
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Aus Reply with quote

Oz girl. I received an email from Bill. But not with plans of anything. I will be meeting with several international partners at the Arnold and discussing their plans. Right now, no one internationally has anything in place for the men or women that meets the strongman fitness requirements. Therefore the USA shows are open to all international athletes for 2012.
Mike Johnston

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: EVENTS!!!!! Reply with quote

The Europa Get Fit and Sports Expo American Strongman & Strongman Fitness Event in Orlando are posted!

Come one, come all! On the line are an ASC LW and HW Pro Card and qualifying spots to the Arnold Strongman Fitness World Championship in 2013!

http://www.nastrongman.com/pdf/2011/orlando12.pdf

Best of luck!

MJ Twisted Evil
Craig Pfisterer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there starting weights for the last man standing axle? Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nasanvil.com Forum Index -> Anvil of America's Strongest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: